Casting Call for “The Odd Couple” at AMP
Amelia Musical Playhouse is thrilled to announce a casting call for six men and two women for the hilarious and beloved comedy “The Odd Couple,” written by Neil Simon.
Auditions will be held on January, Saturday 27 at 1 p.m. at AMP, 1955 Island Walkway, Fernandina Beach FL 32034.
The show will run May 9–12 & 16–19, and be directed by Bill Ivins. It is sponsored by Karen Newman in honor of her aunt, Char Bachman.
Actors interested in auditioning will be asked to read a scene from the script and may be asked to read more than once with other actors.
Synopsis: “The Odd Couple” is a comedy about a pair of divorced roommates who are complete opposites in their habits and lifestyles. Oscar Madison is a New York sportswriter who revels in his slobbishness. Oscar resides in an eight-room Riverside Drive apartment, where the entire play is set, and his life is in upheaval because his friend Felix Unger has moved in with him. Felix is a neat-freak photographer who is obsessed with cooking gourmet meals, purifying the air, and removing every speck of dust from Oscar’s domain. Even though in personality Oscar and Felix are like oil and water, and even though they drive each other crazy, they do care about each other. Their friendship persists despite their differences.
The first read-through for the cast is scheduled for Wednesday, March 6 at 6:30.
Rehearsals for “The Odd Couple” are scheduled for weekday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., and based on actors availability.
- OSCAR MADISON – Bachelor sports writer, messy, carefree, and good-natured
- FELIX UNGAR – Recently single writer, fussy, and a compulsive cleaner
- SPEED – Poker player, man of simple tastes
- MURRAY – Poker player, Policeman and a good-natured clod
- ROY – Poker player, Oscar’s accountant, critical of Oscar’s behavior
- VINNIE – Poker player and a cheapskate
- GWENDOLYN PIGEON & CECILY PIGEON – English sisters who live in the apartment building. Attractive, intellectually lightweight, and somewhat flirtatious.
Amelia Musical Playhouse is a community theater group, presenting a wide variety of shows —including musicals, comedies, farces, and much more. We are always looking for new members to the company, and hope that you will support local theater with your performance, backstage work, or attendance! We look forward to seeing you at the auditions!